After the first world war a geologic expert opinion found out that there is nearly one million tonnes of bismuth-containing material on Neubulacher district. A company from Pforzheim built a processing plant for the material and pursued this from 1923 to 1928.

After the bankruptcy of the company all buildings were pulled down, except the house with the transformer.

By the end of the second world war the idea was taken up again. When the buildings were established and the machines ready for use, the war ended. The machines were broken down, the buildings at the end of the “Mühlsteige” remained standing and are used otherwise.